It has been a hectic time for us, racing against time to deliver the INOV-8 Pacesetters 3030 Run 2014 with more than 2,200 registered participants. It’s a great relief now that it is over and we have time for a post mortem.
My own reflection on this event is that we have earned some confidence as a team to deliver an event that is so long and complex – only slightly short of a full marathon. However, I am a little disappointed with the participation level of our members - we had 200 members taking part or less than 10% of the field. Add another 100 crew and we have 300 or only 28% of the members being involved in this event. What happened to the other 72%? I hope to get some answers in the months ahead and before the next AGM in April 2015.
Allianz Pacesetters 4 x 3km 2014
The above event shall be held on 14 December 2014 at Padang Merbok. This is a team event to bring together runners for some comradeship after a long 2014 season of competitive running. As a club, we would like to give back to society by including the Kiwanis Corporate Charity Challenge category within this event. We hope to raise RM50,000 for the Kiwanis Down Syndrome Foundation.
We like to request you to support us in one or both of our following initiatives:
- Support the Kiwanis Down Syndrome Foundation by registering a team in the Kiwanis Corporate Charity Challenge and / or
- Sponsor a team from the Under 26 University, College & School Category
For the Kiwanis Corporate Charity Challenge, please contact Mr Chan Kin Hou (Tel : 012-294 8826 or email email@example.com ) There is a minimum donation of RM1,000 per team for this Charity Category.
We have 104 teams registered as at 26 November 2014 of which 14 are corporates (31 Corporates have made their donation, of which 17 have not submitted their team list). The reason for non-submission is because these donors do not have enough runners to take part. If you are keen to run for these teams, please email to Mr Chan Kin Hou.
As for the Under 26 University, College & School Category, we will be able to form teams for you to sponsor. Please contact me about this. The registration fee for the Under 26 Category is RM120 per team.
MDCC NYE Run – 31 December 2014
The club has been hired to manage the above event. It is a theme costume party style run event, in conjunction with the Year End Count Down Party at Mutiara Damansara. Do not miss this opportunity to celebrate the New Year together. Go sign up today. More than 930 have signed up at www.myraceonline.com at as yesterday and there are only 2,000 slots.
There are more activities lined up from early next year. More details will be provided in due time.
Wan Yew Leong
President, Pacesetters Athletic ClubHP No : 019-3569031, Email : firstname.lastname@example.org