- Do tempo run: Run at 90% of your maximum heart rate (about 220 minus your age is 100%). Warm up for 20 minutes, then run for 20 to 30 minutes. Try not to go below 90% for the whole duration.
- After a race on Sunday, do not do hard workout until Wednesday. Your body needs the time to recover.
- For strength training, do lunges, planks and sprints.
- Run only 2 marathons per year for best results.
- Do no more than five 30km runs to train for a marathon.
The club wishes to warmly thank Jean-Pierre for taking the time to talk to the runners.
photos by Wan Yew Leong